Monday, March 11, 2013

Faith, Obedience, and Tithing


Faith, Obedience, and Tithing

When I decided to give my life to Christ I was excited about the changes in my life that were about to occur.  I knew that there were things, people and habits that I would have to give up. The one thing I honestly didn't consider giving was tithes. With four young children and a very minimal income it didn't even cross my mind. 

It wasn't until I attended a bible study that focused on tithing that I truly understood its importance. Tithing is an act of faith and obedience. I had to learn to trust God with what He had already given me by giving it back to Him. Luke 16:10 says “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." I had been entrusted with what belonged to God. Therefore it was (is) my responsibility to make a statement of faith and become a steward of tithing.  With tithing also comes obedience. Malachi 3:10 says, "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it." It doesn't say part of or some. It says the WHOLE tithe. These scriptures tell me that no matter what my circumstances are I must trust and OBEY God’s Word.

I encourage you today to begin to trust and obey God with what He has given you. In doing so, watch how the windows of heaven pour out blessings upon your life.  When we tithe, we receive many blessings from God. "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap" (Luke 6:38). My testimony is that God's promises of blessings are true! 

~ Lynn 













No comments:

Post a Comment